Grease Grabber® Belt Oil Skimmer
The Abanaki® Grease Grabber® is a dependable and effective means of removing floating grease and oil from water, under the most demanding conditions. The Grease Grabber® makes use of the differences in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water. These physical characteristics allow the skimmer belt to attract grease, oil, and other floating hydrocarbon liquids and leave the water behind.
The skimmer belt is specifically selected for indoor or outdoor applications and the textured pinch rollers pull the belt over the idler pulley and through the angled wiper blades, where oil and grease is removed before passing through the pinch rollers. The recovered product is scraped off into a heated hopper, which maintains fluidity even in cold weather, for easy drainage through a 4″ (5cm) ID steep-angle discharge port. Belt tension is maintained by the weight of a free riding tail pulley. The tail pulley is tethered to the underside of the Grease Grabber® to prevent accidental loss.
- Removes floating grease and oil from water
- Elevates skimmed oil and grease up to 100 feet (30 metres) for easy discharge into drum, tote, etc.
- Removes up to 160 gallons (600 litres) of oil and grease per hour
- Reduces fluid disposal costs
- Helps meet government requirements for water discharge
- Large, 160 gph (600 litres per hour), removal capacity
- High temperature capability
- Requires only a 28″ X 9″ (71.12cm x 22.86cm) mounting area
- Maintains skimming efficiency with fluctuating fluid level
- Fast set-up, easy cleaning, and minimal maintenance
- Operates in turbulent liquids
Rugged Construction for Harsh Conditions – The construction of the Grease Grabber® has a rugged simplicity that is designed to last 20 years or longer. Belts are specifically selected for your application and can handle liquids between 32F and 212F, with pH between 3 and 13. The motor, gear reducer, and powder coated finish of the weldments give the Grease Grabber® exceptionally long life, even under the harshest conditions.
The Grease Grabber® is designed for extremely demanding applications, such as drainage/scale pits in primary metal mills, where heavy loads of grease and oil accumulate. To handle this kind of load, the Grease Grabber® uses an oil-filled gear reducer having bronze gears and ball bearings to drive pressure rolls with tractor treads that rotate the belt. This heavy duty drive train will elevate skimmed grease in excess of 100 feet (30 metres) for easy discharge into drums. The drive unit can be mounted on a flat surface, or on a boom that suspends the Grease Grabber® over the pit. An optional remote control switch also is available.
- Drainage pits in primary metal mills and factories
- High volume food processing
- Underground tanks
- Wastewater sumps
- Parking lots, garages, and service facilities
- Mining, locomotive, public transit, truck and other equipment washing and repair facilities